Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 2, 2014

SAMPLE IELTS SPEAKING TEST 5

PART 1 
How often do you go shopping?
I don’t go shopping very often. Well, I generally stop at a store a few times a week to pick up something small, pens, maybe, or something like that, my everyday needs. But I don’t make major shopping trips very often, maybe once a month, maybe even less than that. I just don’t need to buy very many things.

What kinds of shops are there in your neighbourhood?
My neighbourhood is residential, so there are very few businesses. We have a small grocery store. It has a limited assortment of things for sale, and they’re more expensive than at a supermarket, so we really just use that store for convenience. We use it when we need only one or two things and don’t want to go all the way to the supermarket, which is farther away. We also have a drugstore and a small bookstore that sells newspapers and magazines as well as books. Those are all the shops we have. We usually have to go to another part of the city to go shopping.

What kinds of things do you usually shop for?
I don’t have to shop for groceries or anything for the house because my mother does that, so I just have to buy the things I need. Once or twice a year I buy a clothes I need for school. Besides that, I like to buy CDs and DVDs and things for my computer, and I have to buy the things I need for school, books and pens and things like that.

Do you enjoy shopping? Why or why not?
I don’t think shopping is very interesting. If I need something, I buy it. If I don’t need anything, there’s no reason to go to the store. I know some people think of shopping like a hobby or a sport, but I don’t. I just think of it as a necessity. Well, sometimes I like to go to the store and look through the music and movies that are for sale, just because I like to look at them. Then sometimes I’ll buy a movie that maybe I hadn’t been planning on buying. But most of the time I never think about shopping unless there’s something I particularly need.

What are some of your favourite foods?
I like all different kinds of foods. I especially like to try foods from different countries. I like dishes that are severed with rice and noodles and that have a lot of vegetables. I don’t like meat very much, I almost never eat it. I don’t like sweet things too much either.

Who does the cooking at your house?
My mother does almost all the cooking at my house. She’s a very good cook, and I always enjoy the meals she prepares. Sometimes I do some of the cooking, or one of my brothers or sisters might cook a meal occasionally. My mother has taught all of us to cook, so we help her out in the kitchen from time to time. But she does most of the cooking.

Do you prefer eating at home or in restaurants? Why?
I like eating at home because, as I said, my mother always prepares delicious meals. And usually it’s more convenient to eat at home. But I like eating in restaurants, too. To food is different, and it’s really fun to get together with my friends at a restaurant. But it’s also expensive to eat out, so I don’t do it very often.

What kinds of restaurants do you enjoy eating in?
I like eating in restaurants that specialize in food from other countries. I like to try all different kinds of foods. My favourite thing to do it to go to a restaurant that has a style of cooking I haven’t tried before and just choose something from the menu. Most of the time I end up with a dish I really like. It’s a fun adventure to try different kinds of food. We have a lot of different restaurants in my city, so I have a lot of opportunities to try new kinds of foods.


PART 2
I’ve always wanted to go to the Great Barrier Reef, off the coast of Australia. It’s a natural place, a place where you can see and learn about the natural world, specifically, about ocean life. I think it might be considered one of the wonders of the natural world. I would really like to have the opportunity to go driving there. I think it would be really fun and really interesting to go swimming among the coral reefs and see all the different kinds of animals that live there. There are thousands of species of animals and fish living there, as well as different kinds of coral. I’d like to go there because I’m interesting in marine biology. I’m interested in learning about ocean life, and the Great Barrier Reef is one of the best place to observe it. Also, I’ve never been driving, and I would really like to learn how. I’m thinking about getting a degree in marine biology, so learning to dive at the Great Barrier Reef would probably be a good way to start!

 PART 3 
What are some popular places to visit in your country? Why are they popular?
There are a lot of popular places to visit in my country. We have a lot of natural places that are interesting to see, we have historical sites, and we have some very nice beaches. One of my favourite places to visit is Mountain National Park. It’s a popular place for tourist to visit, mostly because it’s very beautiful. Also, it has something for everybody. There are some great hiking trails, there’s fishing in the rivers, there’s camping, and for people who like to take things easy, there’s road to the top of the mountain. You can drive to the top and see the spectacular views, or take a tour by bus. Then you can ride back to your hotel and be comfortable.

Why do people travel?
I think the biggest reason people travel is that changing is relaxing. If you follow the some routine at school or at work every day, then when you have a vacation, you want to do something different. Being in a different place can take your minds off the problems or boredom of your daily life. You can empty your minds of all those things and just relax. People like to take all different kinds of vacations. Some people like to go to other countries and see a different way of life. Some like outdoor adventures. Some like to relax on the beach or at a resort. But the one thing all these different ways of travelling have a common is that they all involve a change of scene from the traveler’s usual daily life.

Do you think parents should make a point of taking their children to see a variety of different places? Why or why not?
I think it’s very important for parents to take their children travelling. Children should learn from an early age that life everywhere isn’t the same as the life they know at home. That’s one thing that’s important to learn. The other thing is that travelling gives children the opportunity for different kinds of experiences. They can learn how to go camping, they can learn about art and history in museums, they can go on a boat and experience the ocean. Having different experiences like these is an important part of learning and growing up.

How do you think travel will be different in the future?
Sometimes I think people will have fewer opportunities to travel in the future. That’s because it seems that people are working longer and harder all the time and it seems that their vacation time is becoming shorter and shorter. In the future, I don’t think people will have the time to take long trips exploring other countries, or long hiking trips, or any kind of travelling that involves a lot of time. So maybe they’ll go to resorts more often, since that’s an easier way to travel.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét