Thứ Tư, 26 tháng 2, 2014

SAMPLE IELTS SPEAKING TEST 3

There’s a huge shopping mall just outside my city. It’s one of the biggest in the country, and people come from all over, even from faraway place, to shop there. It has hundreds of stores of all different kinds. It also has restaurants, clubs, and movie theaters.

PART 1 
Describe a place in your city or town where you like to go in your free time.
There’s a huge shopping mall just outside my city. It’s one of the biggest in the country, and people come from all over, even from faraway place, to shop there. It has hundreds of stores of all different kinds. It also has restaurants, clubs, and movie theaters. It also has a couple of areas kind of like indoor parks where you can sit on benches and watch a water fountain. There’s a lot you can do there.

Why do you like to do there?
I like to go there because there are so many different things to do. Whatever I many need to buy, I can buy it there. If I want to get together with my friends, it’s a good place for us to meet. We have our choice of restaurants, movies, and clubs. It’s kind of like a little city all under one roof. I especially like to go there in the winter when it’s too cold to be outside.

Is there anything you don’t like about it?
I can only think of one thing I don’t like about it, and that’s the parking situation. The parking garage is very crowed and sometimes I spend a long time driving around looking for an empty spot. That really annoys me. They should have a system to let people know where the empty spaces are so we can go right to them without driving around and around.

Is it a popular place for people in your city? Why or why not?
It’s a very popular place for people in my city. The main reason is because there are so many different things to do and buy there. There’s something for everyone. Another reason people like it is because it’s all indoors. We live in a cold climate, and the winters can be very, very cold. No one likes to walk around outside then. If you go to the shopping mall, you don’t have to go outside to get from place to place.

Describe a park in your neighborhood or city.
There’s a small park at the end of my street. It has a fountain in the middle and a few benches where you can sit and relax. It also has a small garden. Some of the local neighbors plant flowers there every year.

What are some things people can do there?
It’s small park, so there’s not much to do there. It’s mostly there for looking pretty. You can sit on the benches and watch the water in the fountain. That’s relaxing. You can enjoy the flowers. It’s right next to the bus stop, so you can wait for the bus there, too.

Do you enjoy spending time there? Why or why not?
Yes, I like to go there when the weather is nice. After being inside all day at work, I like to go to the park on my way home. It’s a way to be outside for a little while. Sometimes I run into friends there. I’ve gotten to know some of my neighbors by spending time in the park, so that’s an advantage.

Are parks important? Why or why not?
Parks are very important in the city. Without parks, there wouldn’t be any nice outdoor places to spend time in. Parks add beauty to the city because they’re places where we can see trees and flowers. Larger parks also provide places for outdoor sports. Without parks, it would be difficult to do any outdoor activities in a city.


PART 2
A hobby I enjoy is painting. I can’t say I’m very artistic, but I like painting. I do watercolor painting, so there materials I need are paint and brushes, water, and special watercolor paper. I learned to paint by taking classes. Frankly, I can’t remember how I got the idea to lean to paint, but once I decided I wanted to do it, I looked for classes at the local community center. I’ve taken several painting classes there, and I’ve learned a lot. I enjoy painting because it’s very relaxing. When I paint, I can talk my mind off my work and off personal problems. I just think about my painting. I also like the challenge. It’s a challenge to try to make a painting look the way I want it to look. I work all the time to improve my technique. I’ve had a lot of frustrations, but when I feel like I’ve finally made a painting look the way I want it to look, I feel really happy. It’s a satisfying feeling. Another thing I like about painting is that it gives me something to hand on the walls of my apartment! Of course, I only hand up the successful paintings.
 PART 3 
Why do people have hobbies?
I think the biggest reason people have hobbies is to relax. Another reason is that people have different kinds of interests, and hobbies give them a way to pursue those interests. For example, I like art, so I paint as a hobby. People who like music might learn to play the guitar or sing in a local choir. People who like flowers might garden as a hobby. Hobbies give people ways to express different aspects of their personalities and develop different abilities.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét